Parental Growth Team Lead - Thriving Communities
Monday, 14 March 2022
The Parental Growth Team Lead will manage the Parental Growth team, coordinating and offering a home visiting service and delivering parenting, child and young people’s programmes to families with children aged 0-17 years of age in the ‘Thriving Communities’ area localities
- ** 25 and 28hr contracts available**
- £15.75 p/h
- • Manage and allocate referrals to the Parental Growth team; assessing referral information received and determining the appropriate level of provision.
- Assess, identify and monitor the needs of parents, children and young people and ensure that the ‘Thriving Communities’ services provided meet those needs.
- • Provide support, strategies, advice and programmes on an individual and a group basis to address the assessed needs of parents, children and young people within the ‘Thriving Communities’ catchment area.
- • Work as part of the multi-disciplinary team in ‘Thriving Communities’ developing preventative and supportive services to parents, children and young people in line with the objectives of the project.
- • Complete initial home visits, contribute to the delivery of programmes and hold a small family work home visiting caseload.
- • Establish supportive relationships with parents enabling them to develop their children’s potential and to develop and deliver programmes which promote and actively encourage parent-child interaction. • Provide opportunities for those families who are harder to reach to access services e.g., those from BME backgrounds, those with additional needs.
- Work in partnership with Community representatives in engaging communities to support their children, young people and families in promoting education and learning, health and environment as a life skill to be encouraged and celebrated.
- This list is not exhaustive, for a full job description and personal specification please see attached documents below or email email@example.com
- Minimum of QCF Level 3 Child Care qualification OR
- English Language and Maths GCSE at grade C and above Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children aged 0-17 and their families
- Full & clean drivers licence and access to a car
- Skills – e.g. Communication, Listening, Organisational, Observation, Report writing, File recording.
- Ability to acilitating groups, programmes, workshops for parents and families.
- Assessing individual, family and community needs
- Competent leadership and management skills
- Competent in use of ICT (Microsoft Word, Excel, Email
- Ability to communicate and relate to children, young people and parents Flexibility and adaptability
- Completing safeguarding reports and Commitment to Safeguarding Working as part of a team
*Closing Date for applications is 28/0.3/22 @ 12.00pm)*